Sunday 24 January 2016

The Redcoats Are Coming

The first unit of my AWI project is now just about completed. The bulk of the painting has been done and just have the command and a few final touch ups to do.
Then it is the grass and tufts to complete the bases, but unsure if I will wait to get another unit done before this next step.

This unit has taken roughly a week of spare time to complete, which means it will most likely take me 3 - 4 months to get the British force all painted (10-12 battalions). This should be quite a bit for either Black Powder or Land of the Free.
The continentals will then be started and I hopeful these might be a bit quicker to paint as the scheme is a bit more rough and ready and less "crisp" white needed.



The unit nearly completed
This week I also got to play another act from Dead Mans Hand. Once again a lot of fun was had and the scenarios worked very well to produce a fun an engaging evening of games. The great thing with these scenarios is that you can replay them without them being exactly the same (aside from the set up). The more I play of Dead Mans Hand the more I want to get more figures painted to vary the weapons that I take as part of my Posse.










All in all it has been a productive week for hobby activity. Dead Man's Hand is fast becoming our game of choice, makes for an easy evenings gaming after a long day at work.
It will soon be time to head back to 1944 though as we have a few more Normandy based scenarios to play through and then some 1945 Eastern Front games to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment