Last week may not have been the most productive week for hobby related activity but it did see me push on with my Vietnam project. As you can see the 'spray tray' was loaded up with the VC and also an objective marker for Epic Armageddon. The black primer not being as much of a basecoat as I had wanted. Instead I settled for a very dark Brown by Vallejo (cannot remember the name right now) followed by a drybrush of Stormvermin Fur.
I was also lucky to get another game of Epic Armageddon in against my regular opponent. He took his Blood Angels and I used my tried and tested Ork list. I think the list I use has a fair few flaws in it but it is 100% painted now (the final coat of paint going onto the Kult of Speed that is unfinished in the picture below after this game). Both Armies were 3000pts
This was my first game against the Blood Angels list and it was quite short and Brutal with the Orks managing to snatch a victory through one of the 'Big Warbands' claiming two objectives.
The final event of last week was getting my hands on the Necron codex. Now I haven't played 40K in around 10 or so months and decided on a whim that the codex could be worth the investment as I have a fully painted Necron Army. Only draw back is I now need to reread the main rulebook and work out how to pick an army.
One very quick criticism of the Codex is the colour section. One of the feature armies hasn't been finished and the silver from the dry brushing is still visible on the Scarab bases (photo from base height so very noticeable). More on the codex another time.